Do Rolling Briefcases Make Good Dance Partners?


The popularity of those rolling briefcases has really taken off, have you noticed? I see them all over now and I understand their popularity. I'm not crazy about carrying a heavy bag on my shoulder but I have to say that the vain side of me (and that is my much, much smaller side) would much rather carry a smart looking bag that I can fit everything into, throw over my shoulder, and run.


During my commute I see many people with these wheeled briefcases. They just plop them on the ground and go rolling these briefcases along behind them. So, I bet you can see my beef coming...why do those people that have these rolling briefcases feel the need to plop them down right in front of my feet when I am walking? Don't they have some obligation to be sure that they watch where they and their rolling briefcase is going? And, come on people, at the top or bottom of an escalator is especially dangerous to stop to plop your wheeled briefcase!


I cannot tell you how many times now I have almost landed on my head because someone has stopped abruptly in commute foot traffic to drop their rolling briefcase directly in my path. There is one person in particular that I run into plenty of times who seems to be especially oblivious. He feels compelled to not carry his wheeled briefcase any further than absolutely necessary even if it compromises my safety and the safety of those around me. And he is consistently the one who stops dead in his tracks at the top of the escalator to drop his briefcase, walk around it, like he's doing a samba, the proceed off pulling the little devil behind him.

If one day I quit posting to this blog, well, you will know what happened.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rolling briefcase is really very helpful not only in the mentioned things but while traveling long distances as well. I have just bought one recently at a reasonable price!