Stinky Gym Clothes, What!?!

A couple days ago I was dutifully enjoying my cardio work out on the Cybex Arc Trainer (if you don't know what that is it's kind of a cross between an elliptical machine and a stair stepper). My favorite Arc Trainer is directly in line with a window that is perpetually open with only one tread mill separating me from the fresh air. I watched but did not listen to the several televisions mounted around the gym per usual and then I began to smell an odd aroma. A couple of seconds passed and what I thought to be an aroma turned, well, disgusting. I peered around the gym and smack in front of that open window directly in my line of fire was a person who had just jumped onto the treadmill that stood between that open window and me. That person on that treadmill must not have washed their gym clothes for an entire year or maybe even more. The stench of urine, sweat, or whatever else made my stomach turn. It was completely and utterly vile! I cannot imagine how the person wearing those clothes could not know that they smelled. Don't get me wrong, I understand that the gym is typically not full of fresh and fruity smells, but come on! I wash my gym clothes between each use, it's not that difficult.

I got to thinking that maybe gyms should institute a clothing smell test and if you don't pass you cannot workout. Can you imagine the protests of the front desk workers?

0 comments: