Recharging Batteries


During the holidays my husband and I had to work so our children went to visit their grandparents for the weekdays, they were home, however, from Christmas Eve through the Sunday after Christmas for some well-needed family time.


But, since the kids were gone and my husband had nothing more than working on our plates for a change, we had a chance to recharge our batteries.


So the first morning that the children were with their grandparents my husband decided to leave for work a little later than usual. Well, he left then came back a few minutes later and explained that his car battery was dead so he would wait for me to get ready and we could take my car. He asked when I would be ready, to which I replied, "About 45 minutes." His jaw dropped onto the floor and he said, "How come so long?" Need he ask? It always takes me longer than him to get ready.


When I emerged from our bedroom ready to go we headed for the garage together. When we got into my car I thought it odd that someone turned off the dome lights. Turns out that my car battery was also dead. What a coincidence that both car batteries could be dead at the same time. I thought it was just that both cars needed their batteries recharged also after the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. My husband gave me a sideways look.


We were able to get jumped and off to work but, who wants to start off on a Monday like that?

0 comments: