Dinner Decisions

I mentioned that I was home for a few days and one of the things that I really enjoyed while I was home was deciding on preparing dinner for my family. Since I was not working for those few days I had the luxury of scoping out the fridge to see what was in there and then plugging the ingredients into Epicurious to see what popped up. I had several successful meals, successful in the sense that the children and my husband all enjoyed the dinner. I have to admit that the best part for me was all sitting down together and chatting and eating which is something that I usually do not get to do since my working hours are quite long.

Even though I normally do not get to sit and eat with the rest of my family because I am a working mom working long hours, I have been in the habit of making meals that my husband can heat up or, better yet, I put something in the crock pot that is ready when they are ready to eat. I found this great website, Saving Dinner, where you can purchase menus for a week or a season or you can purchase one of their books but, I prefer the weekly version because, whether or not it's true, I feel like it offers a wider variety of selections. They offer weekly menus and not only give you the recipe for the main dish, it suggests all the sides to go with the main dish and provides a weekly shopping list. If you visit Saving Dinner you can print a sample menu for any of their many categories that include vegetarian menus, low carb menus, frugal menus, heart healthy menus, time saving menus (however I found that just receiving the menu and the shopping list was time saving in and of itself), my favorite, crock pot menus, and many others.

Happy and healthy eating.

2 comments:

Downtown Brooklyn Dogs said...

I love epicurious! A friend once told me that the key to using epicurious is reading the comments, and I totally agree with her! Ideas people present in the comments often improve vastly on the published recipe!

TopTwinMom said...

That's a good idea, I never thought to look at the comments. Thanks!