A Real Vacation

Last week we took a vacation, just my husband, the children and me. We visited with my husband's family and even though we did so much it really felt like a vacation.

There was no worry about work for me, my husband had no calls from work (and that is a miracle!), my mother-in-law provided all meals and hospitality to boot. We had to think about nothing except what we were going to do for the day and we did a lot. We guessed about when we would be back and my mother-in-law did not pressure us for anything exact. We phoned her when we had a better idea of when we would return and she had a meal on the table as we walked through the door.

We actually did more in this trip than I had done in all my previous trips to my husband's family's hometown of Seattle. Despite the rainy weather in August(!) we went to Seattle Center, Pike Place Market, took the ferry to Bainbridge Island, went to a Mariner's baseball game (wow did that stadium cost some dough?), the Museum of Flight where we boarded the first "Air Force One" and a Concorde bound for no where, the University of Washington (the U Dub, to the locals), and Boehm's chocolate factory and even took the tour which was a bargain at $3 each. What we did not get to was take the Victoria Clipper to the San Juan Islands with the whale watching add on because the boat was broken, so that's the day we went to Bainbridge instead. That's okay though because we will have a new experience to have the next time, oh, and the Space Needle, too, we promised the children next time we would go up in the Space Needle. This time since it was rainy and overcast we did not see the point given that we will go back, especially since it was so relaxing despite all the running around.

I have to say this is the first vacation we have been on with the children that we did not need a vacation to recover from our vacation. On Monday it was back to work and trying to get back into the routine...

4 comments:

Elizabeth Channel said...

Wow, this is exactly what I need. That sounds relaxing!

AC said...

Hi! I just found your blog thru entrecard. Of all the blogs I have seen, and since I am a newbie with a blog addiction I have see A LOT of blogs, trust me! Your blog is the most gorgeous! It really was so pleasing to my eyes. Don't mean to sound cheesy but I thought you should know! Are you a designer or did you have another professional design if for you? I am - or was a designer but only on paper and by direction to developers. I have no idea how to really program nice design. Any tips are appreciated. I am using a basic template. Blah.
Sorry for the ramble, too much coffee already. Gotta go now though and get another cup.

TopTwinMom said...

Hi!

Thanks! I tried to reply directly to you but I keep ending up in this endless loop on your profile page so I hope you check back here or this gets to you. I got my template from this wesite, http://lenatoewsdesigns.blogspot.com/. She has some pretty nice templates. I did a lot of looking and decided I, too, thought this one was pleasing to the eye. I don't really do any professional design but I know it when I like it. Good luck!

Mayet said...

lucky you! We went for a vacation a few weeks ago and returned home feeling so tired.The reason--my baby got sick for three days and it was really hard.it took me a week to recuperate!!

Missusbountybasket.com