These Boots Are Made For Walking!


I have these boots (but I have two of them) and since it is fall-like weather now I decided to wear them today, black boots, black skirt, black tights, sweater/jacket set, black trench coat.
So, today I leave for lunch at normal people's lunch hour because I was starving! Usually, I go to lunch sometime around 2:00 or so. As I am standing outside a potential eatery perusing the menu a rather nice-looking fellow approaches me and says, "Hi!"
"Hello," I respond
"I like your boots, they are very Sarah Palin-esque," he says.
I begin to think I might just mosey on down the street to the next place that catches my eye but, I can't. Instead I say, "Except that I had my boots before anyone knew how Sarah Palin was!"
To which he replies, "They are very Femme Fatale. Nice boots!" He starts to walk away, then returns and says, "You know, you are very striking." I was not quite sure what to say or if I should acknowledge but, I think I am too polite sometimes. I replied, "Thank you."
I stepped up to the counter to place my order all the while wondering how I was going to shake this guy. Well, when I turned around, he was gone.
Not sure if I was freaked or flattered but, I do now remember why I choose to go to lunch a little later than *normal*.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those really are very nice boots. I want a pair, but alas, it's gonna be a while before I buy a new pair of boots that look that utterly magnificent. Sorry that guy had to weird you out, though. It's such a shame with someone like that completely weirds you out.