Palin Wardrobe Malfunction?


I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't like to start talking politics but I'm thinking this does not really count.

I'm sure you've heard by now that the Republican National Committee spent somewhere around $150,000 for Sarah Palin's wardrobe for the campaign trail. Most of it being spent at Neiman Marcus with the rest being spent on hair consultation and make up.

Wow, you would think that she could have gotten by with Nordstrom and a bill a lot smaller than that! Is it really necessary to buy all the clothing at Neiman Marcus? Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Neiman's but if the republicans are behind in fundraising, which everyone agrees is true, then why don't they cut corners in places like this. Furthermore, I'd like to have a fraction of that for my wardrobe budget.

But, it gets better, when this story broke the official party line became that all the clothing items would be donated as soon as the campaign is over. Wha!?!

But reading about this raises a bunch of questions in my mind, like, what was she wearing before all these necessities were purchased? Why Neiman's? What will Ms. Palin wear after the campaign if she donates all her clothing? And, finally, who are they going to donate all those wardrobe pieces to when they are done? I only ask because I think my size and hers are about the same and I'd like to get in line, please...

2 comments:

Mira said...

That was almost laughable when I heard that the expensive wardrobe she wore will be donated to charity after the campaign. Her wearing these high-end wardrobe negates her usual speech that she's one of 'us', the middle class, yeah right!

Random Thoughts
Mira's Web Journal
A Moment to Exhale
My Barefoot Journey
My Kitchen Table
Scrappy Mommy

TopTwinMom said...

Yes, I am still hoping to be on the charitable recipients list.