Yoga Heat

I started taking a yoga class several weeks ago, actually I can thank my cousin for the thought but, I have really been enjoying the classes. There is something very cleansing, in more ways than one, about the class. I love the permission given to not think about anything else but your breath, and the "embrace and release" philosophy of all the thoughts that you cannot keep quiet. In this crazy life we all live, I'm sure you know exactly what I mean. Oh, and did I mention that it helps you become more limber or in some cases maintain your limberness. I was about as flexible as a dried out twig, now however I am about as limber as a half-dried twig, and in only a few weeks, so it definitely helps.





I am, in no sense of the word "granola" and I really enjoy the practice although I will admit that after years of high impact aerobics classes, the slower paced, inner-self focus did take a little getting used to. But, if you have not tried it, I encourage you to give it a try for a bit and see what you think. It really is a great workout with a relaxing twist.

0 comments: