Routine - Hugs, Kisses and Misses

As a mom who works, I have to drop my twin children off each morning and I usually do not see them at night because I am almost always home after they are asleep. To make it a little easier on us all we have a little morning routine. I wake them each morning with hugs and kisses. I help them with their sunscreen then while they get dressed I make their to go breakfast, something fast and easy like a waffle, yogurt, fruit, or an English muffin. Then it's off.

I drop them at school where they can sit and eat their breakfast. As they are sitting I give my daughter hugs and kisses which she still seems to thoroughly enjoy, tell her I love her because I don't think anyone can ever hear that too much, and I move on to my son, who is six, too. As I lean over to give him a hug and kisses, he squirms in his chair and tries to crawl under the table. I tell him I love him and he whispers back that he loves me too. Then I'm off for another day of work.

It's funny, while I was home with them I was continuously looking for something to do for work, now that I am working in an office environment again, I am trying to develop something to allow me more flexibility. I guess the grass is always greener!

0 comments: